Urology/zyrtec

Question
QUESTION: I have bph and take Flomax I  urinate 13 times a day with good stream/think takind 4 zertec tablets a week is safefhw40

ANSWER: Howard

It should be OK. Do a voiding diary where you record the time and amount yo350 ccu void for 24 hours. If the amounts are high, some of your problem could be a volume issue; if too low, then could be badder overactivity its. Average normal volume is around 250-350 cc. 24 hour total about 1500cc.

QUESTION: my urologist who knows I have bph said its ok to take zyrtec for hives.is it true that there is no product warning that zyrtec is counterindicated for large prostate.had urine test 2 weeks ago normal.is urinating every hour sign of infection

Answer
Howard:

You've asked me this question before.  Urinating every hour is a sign of frequency but the cause is undetermined.  If the volume of each void is high, then it indicates polyuria (making too much urine), if the volume is low, then overactivity is suggested.  The cause of the overactivity could be an infection or BPH or caffeine overload, etc.  

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD