Uropathy/Amaroli/Urine therapy Interview

Question
QUESTION: Hi James,

Thank you for replying to me! If you still have time to answer this questions, it would be much appreciated. Here are a few questions about urine therapy:

Interview with James Middleton
Topic: Urine Therapy

Q1. In alternative medicine, the term urine therapy refers to various applications of human urine for medicinal or cosmetic purposes. It includes drinking of your own urine and massaging your skin with urine. Can you explain to us how a waste product already excreted from the body can be of any benefit for your health?
Q2. I read that auto-urine therapy is an age-old practice of ancient India. Is urine therapy more popular in India than it is in western cultures?
Q3. What are the health problems that can benefit from urine therapy? Can it help with chronic skin diseases?
Q4. In urine therapy, do you use concentrated urine? How often a day?
Q5. Are there any risks of drinking urine?
Q6. Is it important to talk to a practitioner before starting this kind of therapy?

Author Byline:
Please provide us with a byline that will be published at the end of the interview. You can place hyperlinks to other projects (books, websites, companies, products, etc.). No affiliate links, please.

Author Photo:
Please send us a photo of you (format jpg) for the publication of the interview. It can be sent to :

Guidelines:
   You must have high quality writing that allow you to submit ready-to-publish content.
   You must be willing to agree to our terms of non-plagiarism and financial independence (i.e. you cannot take money from companies to write about them, nor can you write about a company or brand in which you have a direct financial stake).
   As soon as your answers are published, we will send you the link to your interview. You will be able to ask for minor changes if needed. This interview will then be included in our newsletter.
   Either party can quit the arrangement at any time, so if you don't like the way we are publishing and publicizing your content, you can ask to remove all your content.

Thanks a lot and fee free to contact me if you have any questions at all. I look forward to reading your answers.

Sincerely,

Josephine Beck
Optiderma.com Founder

ANSWER: Hi Josephine,

Thanks for the question. Do you have a timeframe in which you want the reply?

And I don't think you left your email address.

Warm regards,

James

QUESTION: Hi James,
The December newsletter will be sent at the beginning of next week. Do you think you would have time to answer these questions by Monday or Tuesday?
Thanks a lot and have a great day.
Josephine
Email:  

Answer
Josephine,

Let me know if this is the kind of writing that suits the article.  Or if you need it revised in any way.

Warm regards,

James

=================================================

Josephine Beck

Private: No

Subject:

Question: Hi James,

Interview with James Middleton

Topic: Urine Therapy

Author Byline:

Author Photo:

Guidelines:

Sincerely,

Josephine Beck

Optiderma.com Founder

CC me a copy of my answer

Answer:

============================================================

Historically there are two main ways of using urine therapy that is, external application, and internal consumption.

There are others far more qualified to write about the scientific principles of the practice but I shall offer an overview.

Urine is no more than filtered blood it is sterile and essentially carries substances that the body no longer needs. A metaphor I came across which I liked, to describe this; urine is simply the leftover extras from the dinner table. Those substances that the body has more of than it needs are filtered out and simply thrown away. Most of the waste products which the body actually excretes are broken down in the liver, passed into the bile, and excreted in the solid waste from the colon. Not in the urine.

Once we are clear about this, then the use of urine externally and internally begins to make more sense.

The body needs to finely regulate its hormone levels, water levels, vitamin and mineral levels and various other products it uses for building and sustaining its systems. Any excess that it cannot use which cannot be stored, will be excreted as waste. Recycling these valuable and useful, vitamins, hormones, minerals and antibodies is the principle of health and longevity behind this age old practice.

So, if you consume urine, particularly the concentrated first flow in the morning, then you are reintroducing the maximum of leftover hormones, vitamins and minerals, which eight hours after originally filtering out, your body may have more of an opportunity to reuse and recycle them.

I believe that some older cultures by tradition pass on health practices more readily. Isolated communities in the absence of modern health and medical care do those things which they know from experience will most likely keep them maximally healthy and well. I would include urine therapy as one of those practices.

With our western obsession with cleanliness and sterility, and our general close mindedness, adopting such a strange practice as drinking your own urine, or applying it to your skin is so far removed from normality as to be considered complete utter madness. So much so, that many people would rather die, than drink their own urine in a life and death disaster situation with no access to water.

However, as those in the west are becoming more disenchanted and disenfranchised with western medicines systems and failures, and a desire to be more responsible for their own health care, people are turning to old remedies and practices to reclaim their optimum health.

J. W. Armstrong in his book The Water of Life: Treatise on Urine Therapy published in 1944 believed that urine therapy could treat many health conditions, both mild and severe.

Tinea Versicolor (Skin Fungus) and Cholinergic Urticaria (Hives) for example, are two skin conditions that may be helped with external application of urine. I would expect many skin conditions could be alleviated or relieved entirely, ranging from rashes, grazes, small cuts and scratches, eczema and others could be helped a great deal by regular external application of urine.

It is suggested that Urine Therapy is "effective" in treating or helping a wide array of conditions ranging from various cancers to aids.

It depends. If you are using external application the theory is that urine that is a day or two old is more powerful (but because the urea has degraded a little more, is more pungent). So if you use older urine, five or ten minutes after application you may rinse the treated area. There is no limit to the amount or frequency of external application. As often as needed to obtain relief, particularly for rashes, insect bites and similar itchy skin conditions. Find out what frequency of application works best for you.

For oral consumption once a day should be enough to impart good health benefits, particularly if it is the first morning flow, which is much more heavily loaded with hormones, vitamins, minerals and antibodies than daytime urine production. For oral consumption, always fresh urine is used.

Indeed there are for internal consumption of urine. And you need to be aware of them. Clearly, your urine concentrates all blood circulating products which are no longer needed and filtered out, and this includes any prescription medication. So if you are taking any medications, particularly regular medications, you will be re-dosing yourself and may exceed your regular prescribed dosage of whatever it is that you are taking. This may not be a big issue with less toxic drugs, but may be a serious health hazard with more toxic medication. So the general rule of thumb is, if you are taking any medication, refrain completely from oral consumption of urine. And this guideline follows for herbal remedies also the same applies. So if you are taking St Johns Wort, don't drink your urine until you are no longer taking it.

There is no need to talk to a practitioner before you begin. However having help and guidance from a regular practitioner may help you avoid the beginners pitfalls and enable you to be able to carry out the practice sooner than you might have done without the help.

There are many resources on the internet, and several books available which would help a beginner become introduced to the principles and practices of urine therapy make use of them.

And you can always contact me via my website www.helpyouhere.com
James Middleton's Summary - Using urine therapy daily for over 20 years.

Hypnotherapist of over 22 years experience, trained with the National College of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy. The only skydiving hypnotherapist in Europe.

NLP Practitioner, trained with Center NLP, and Jo Cooper, Peter Seal and Eric Robbie.

Specialities include:

Corporate stress management. Personal Change work using Ericksonian hypnotherapy and NLP.

Anxiety, stress and psychiatric problems, having over 18 years experience in mental health as an Occupational Therapist in Psychiatry.

I favour Eriksonian indirect approaches with task setting, and a provovative therapy approach based on Frank Farrelly's work.

Currently the major supplier of Lloyd Glauberman hypnotherapy CD's in the UK.

Full time hypnotherapist with over twenty two years experience, running a busy central practice in Birmingham, UK.

Reiki Master www.helpyouhere.com

Picture of James Middleton

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/148/a59r.jpg

--
Hypnotherapist
http://www.helpyouhere.com
http://www.healingyouhere.com  

Uropathy/Amaroli

James Middleton