Used Cars/Camry Camshaft repair record on CARFAX

Question
Hi there. I'm looking at buying a 2011 Camry LE, 4cyl, 6 speed A/T. CARFAX shows one bad entry @ 16k miles: Camshaft Replaced/Repaired. Should this be a red flag? The rest of the CARFAX is completely clean, the car currently has about 32k on it. The repair was within an entry for scheduled maintenance. Could this possibly have been a recall repair, or maybe it was the positioning sensor that was replaced, not the actual camshaft? I appreciate any help you can give me. Right now I'm leaning toward canceling the deal. Thank you!

Answer
Hi Mike,

If you can send me the last 6 numbers of the cars VIN I can run it and tell you exactly what it was. Better yet send me the entire VIN and I will be able to tell you a little story about that exact car ... if you want you can text me the VIN to 541-513-1256 and if I get it by 5:45 I can shoot it right back at you tonight.

Don't over analyze things until we know what the answer is:

AND THE ANSWER IS......... There was a technical service bulletin on this car ...which means basically it wasn't something that rose anywhere near to a recall only a bulletin that said "Hey service advisors ...if a customer comes in with this car and says he is hearing this noise then here is what you do"

It was an R and R of a part and the whole fix was about $100.00...it wasn't a camshaft repair but a small nothing little part ... I would not give this even a second thought ... and it's not really a carfax alert ...those show up in big bright red letters and sirens go off lol  

Used Cars

Roger Alvey