Used Cars/used car

Question
whats a good used car to buy is hyuandai the best warranty out there

Answer
carguy
carguy  
Hi Nes, thank you for the question.

The short answer to your question regarding the best used car to buy is:

The best used car to buy is one that the first and only owner treated like a member of his own family; change the oil every 5 to 7000 miles, did every one of the regularly scheduled maintenance is on time, drove responsibly, kept garaged at night and when not using, fixed anything as soon as it broke or as soon as he could determine it was breaking, kept all of the maintenance records and receipts for all work done if any, and who generally showed a pride of ownership in the vehicle.

That's the car I would want to buy. People regularly claim that imports like Toyota and Honda make better cars than the domestic automakers... I don't agree. At one time this was true but that was 10 or 20 years ago. The reputation they earned back then is what has kept this misconception alive today. Today they don't make better cars they simply attract better buyers... Think about that. Go into any Toyota or Honda store and what you will find are customers with long-term stable job histories, really high credit scores (700+), homeowners, and people with extra disposable income who do not live paycheck to paycheck. In other words people who change their oil and do their maintenances. I personally think that most people would like to do all of the right things with their car but are unable to because they are living paycheck to paycheck. If Ford Chevrolet and Chrysler/Dodge were able to attract the same high-quality buyers that Honda and Toyota can... You would find that the domestic products are every bit an equal to the imports. That's just my personal theory.

If you were to buy a Kia or Hyundai brand-new you would receive one of the best warranties in the industry. (100,000 miles) by either one of these cars used cut that warranty back to 5yrs and 60,000 miles...still not a bad warranty and still one of the top used car warranties available. The Korean automakers did this originally to buy their way into the market... And now they possess significant market share against the Japanese and the domestics. The other advantage to the Kia and Hyundai's is that they don't cost as much to begin with generally. For instance Kelly blue book rates the Hyundai Accent as the number two best used car to purchase because for under $8000 you can buy a 2011 accent. Compare this to the number one used car to purchase for under $8000 which is the 2005 Honda civic... A car that is three years old or car that is nine years old... See the difference.

I like the Hyundais for their overall value including fuel economy and of course the warranty. That analysis assumes that everything else is equal which means who owned the car first and how did they take care of it because an irresponsible first owner can render any vehicle junk and a bad buy. If you live where it's cold make sure you look under the car for rust... Look at the inside for signs of abnormal wear and tear, ask to see the dealer's inspection list. And lastly ask if the car has been certified because a certified preowned car from most of the manufacturers will extend the power train warranty to 100,000 miles and you are back in action with the best warranty out there.

Feel free to ask me as many follow-up questions as you would like I am here until you are completely satisfied with the answers

Used Cars

Roger Alvey