Used Cars/Recisson of used car

Question
Leslie
Leslie  
I was living in Portland and bought the vehicle in Portland now I have moved to Vancouver,Wa as of January I moved to Washington. Thank You Roger I will anxiously await your response.

Answer
The Dealer in Oregon is required to either make the car pass DEQ in a reasonable amount of time 930 days) or to unwind the deal in it's entirety. My experience has been that this means that not only would he be required to give you all of your down payment back but also all of the payments you have made to date. But time is of the essence and it's likely you won't be able to get this done without someone with really good stationary that says "Attorney at Law" on it. If you want to send me all of the particulars like Date of Purchase, total of all payments made, down payment total and a brief, yet specific timeline with any calls and or efforts you have made to get them to fix the car as well as the number of days you have been without it then I would be glad to whip up a demand letter for you outlining their responsibility under Oregon law as well as a warning of what will happen should they decide to ignore their legal obligations as an automotive retailer...which has about a 50/50 chance of working and after that I would go see Baxter or his daughter.

If you decide to do this then I would also need the name of the dealer and any people's names you have been dealing with up until now if you remember

Don't post that here ...send it to my email at roadloans@gmail.com ...chances are I may know who you are talking about and may be able to resolve things with a phone call  

Used Cars

Roger Alvey