Used Cars/Transferring a title

Mr Paulsen,

I live in WV and have a friend who lives just across the OH river in Ohio.  She has a truck she wants to give to me, and we're not sure how to go about it.  Isn't there a space on the back of a title to fill out who you are transferring the title to, and is it the law that money has to change hands in that type of transaction?  I know that to get it registered and licensed in WV I have to pay taxes on the value of the truck.  But I need some advice on how to do the title.  

Thank you.

Hi Gary,

I wish I could answer your question without study, you see the problem is every state has different rules when it comes to DMV, here is a link on my website where you can get the info by phone or study of both states for rules and regulations.

My mother in law some years back passed on a car to me, it was a simple transfer at the OMV performed by a public notary at a cost of $20.  

Have a Blessed day
From the computer of
Ray Paulsen ^_^

Used Cars

ray paulsen

confused buying with confidence from dealer or private...consumer fears...paying to much...getting a lemon...accident car...fair value for trade...negotiation simply want a fair deal... YOU MAY QUICKLY FIND ANSWERS YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AT MY WEBSITE IF NOT I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS.

over 35 years in automotive industry, management, retail, wholesale, appraisals, auctions, vintage