Used Cars/which vehicle

"We have two cars, a 99 Plymouth Neon (170K) and a 2003 Toyota Camry (217K), and we have just purchased a new Camry, so we need to let go of one of our prior cars.

The choice is between the Neon and the Camry.
The Neon seems to be feeling its age, a noisier and rougher ride than the Camry. But the Neon repair expenses have averaged about $300/year while the Camry costs $800/year, for the past 3 years. Private market blue book for the Neon is $1300; for the Camry $4000.
Which car is likely to last longer? Which car would it be wiser to keep, the Neon or the Camry? Thanks."

Hi David,

There is absolutely no question in my mind, the Camry wins by a mile,surely you have experienced for a long time a more solid ride compared to the Neon.

As for the Neon having averaged only $1300. in maintenance yearly blows me away, most from that era has been put out to pasture,,,lol,,, while many Corolla's and Camry's just keep ticking.

You also made an excellent choice making your new car a Camry.

Have a Blessed day
From the computer of
Ray Paulsen ^_^

Used Cars

ray paulsen

confused buying with confidence from dealer or private...consumer fears...paying to much...getting a lemon...accident car...fair value for trade...negotiation simply want a fair deal... YOU MAY QUICKLY FIND ANSWERS YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AT MY WEBSITE IF NOT I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS.

over 35 years in automotive industry, management, retail, wholesale, appraisals, auctions, vintage