Used Cars/To Trade or Not To Trade??

Hello! I have a 2002 Pontiac Grand-Am GT with 171,000 miles on it and I've had it for 8 years. I've been thinking of trading it in for a used mid-sized SUV, but I'm not sure if I should or not. UGH! I love my Grand-Am and this is my 4th one that I've owned and the others never got to this high of mileage. But for the past five months, my husband has been replacing quite a bit on it such as the catalytic converter, four new tires, new front rotors, changed the transmission fluid, and just replaced a pulley wheel for the belt. But here of late, when you start it up it sounds really rough almost like a truck running. It still drives good, but I'm not sure if I should hold onto it longer or trade it in now before something else would go on it. I would love to have your advice on this decision! Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Hi Susan,
On average I read a question and have an answer right away, your question I read a few times because I came to realize it ties in with me personally having the same type problem, allow me to explain before giving you my solution.

When I retired about 10 years ago wife and I bought a brand new SUV that we still love today, but last year repairs were around $1000. and this year to date around $1200. I hate to put old Betsy out to pasture but all good things come to end sometime, sure I could keep old Betsy running a few more years but the # 1 fear is like yours "" sounds rough "" and the thought being stuck somewhere unexpected one day could be ugly,,,,,,,,,, My time has come to upgrade,,, and so have yours.

I know you hate to part with your old Betsy, I can only say after 8 years one can get attached to a money pit,,, don't let it happen to you. Regarding trade with a dealer it's worth $100.

Before you buy another car, study my website for input, and feel free to ask further questions.

Have a Blessed day
From the computer of
Ray Paulsen ^_^

Used Cars

ray paulsen

confused buying with confidence from dealer or private...consumer fears...paying to much...getting a lemon...accident car...fair value for trade...negotiation simply want a fair deal... YOU MAY QUICKLY FIND ANSWERS YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AT MY WEBSITE IF NOT I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS.

over 35 years in automotive industry, management, retail, wholesale, appraisals, auctions, vintage