Used Cars/Factory warranty on used cars

If I buy a used car and the factory warranty is still in force how can I be sure the previous owner didn't invalidate the warranty by using other than OEM parts or the wrong kind of oil?

I have answered over a thousand questions where many lead up to the same answer, yours is a new one, thank you.

If it bothers you, simply phone a franchise dealer of that make and submit to service department the Vin # and find out in service date and balance of warranty.

To your question direct... After 40 years in the business it will be a first case in my mind someone used the wrong oil and Mfg would not honor the claim.
Also/ why would an owner used invalid parts if vehicle is under warranty ?

Used Cars

ray paulsen

confused buying with confidence from dealer or private...consumer fears...paying to much...getting a lemon...accident car...fair value for trade...negotiation simply want a fair deal... YOU MAY QUICKLY FIND ANSWERS YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AT MY WEBSITE IF NOT I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS.

over 35 years in automotive industry, management, retail, wholesale, appraisals, auctions, vintage