Used Cars/Reply to your answer of my previous post

Question
"Payoff: approximately 13,000. I don't have the exact right now, but it is about that or in the 12,000 range. I pay 345 a month and have a 1.99% interest rate.

Insurance company: State Farm

Hail Damage: we had 2 storms with bad hail within the last 2-3 months and noticed it after both because it isn't super noticeable as most is on the roof.

Estimate: I did have it looked at by a paintless dent repair place and it was estimated at about 5200 worth of damage.

If we claim the hail, would it be more beneficial to fix it,  get the money and put towards loan to lower the amount, or keep it as a down payment towards a new car?

I forgot we are also open to leasing a new car if I can stay in my approximate payment range. I have been attempting to sell my car outright to a private party as well to just get it gone, but haven't had luck so far. If we buy, we would want to try to go through the same local credit union for the new loan so I can still have a low interest percentage as well."

Answer
SEE MY OTHER ANSWER ...AS  far as leasing is concerned since you appear to like to change vehicles every 4 years or so ...which makes sense with your dynamic ever changing family make up. One important thing about leasing is that negative equity is Kryptonite to having a low lease payment since it factors more prominently in lease payment calculations than it does in a straight purchase.  

Used Cars

Roger Alvey