Using Banks and Bank Accounts/Question about pin numbers

QUESTION: Hello, this may be a silly question but is the pin number that I use for my visa debit card the same pin number I would use to log into my online banking account? It says to use the check card/atm card pin, however I thought this was a different pin number from my bank pin number. Am I right?

ANSWER: Hi Jane,

Usually those 2 pins are not the same, but than again it depends on your bank.  They might've done it for convenience reasons and you should defenitely change it.

QUESTION: Thank you. Do you usually need to choose a pin number to set up a bank account or is a pin number only needed for a atm card? I just want to know because I am trying to get all my banking stuff situated before I go away for a long time over summer.

Hi Jane,

Usually you will set up a pin code for you ATM/Debit card, as well as telephone banking both of which you can choose your own.  The pin number you get from your bank for online banking maybe a temporary pin just to get on and register, after you do that you can switch it to your own as well.

Using Banks and Bank Accounts

Anything pertaining to Commercial or Retail Banking. Including, Interest rates, Lending, as well as Prime Rate questions. Also can help with online banking questions including all regulations.

Retail and Commercial banking since 2002. Currently employed as an Assistant Vice President at a Commercial Bank.

Chamber Of Commerce, National Notary Association

Extensive credit knowledge.