Using Banks and Bank Accounts/Retail banking vs. private banking

Hi, I wanted to ask you one question about private banking. I was told that keeping your money in "private banking" is safer than in "retail banking" because in "private banking" banks don't use your money for their own operations. So even if a bank goes bust, his "private banking" part remains alive. Is that true?

Hi Yuri,

Private banking and retail banking are different divisions of a bank.  Retail banking has to do with traditional banking products, loans and transaction accounts etc.  Private banking is dealing with more alternative products and investments.

Private banking deals with the wealthy clients more often than none, and most products offered by the private bank are not insured by any govt agency because of the high risk/ ROI.

To answer your question, its really the opposite...having your money with the retail banking division is less risky.  

Using Banks and Bank Accounts

Anything pertaining to Commercial or Retail Banking. Including, Interest rates, Lending, as well as Prime Rate questions. Also can help with online banking questions including all regulations.

Retail and Commercial banking since 2002. Currently employed as an Assistant Vice President at a Commercial Bank.

Chamber Of Commerce, National Notary Association

Extensive credit knowledge.