Using MS Access/Access Form Maximized in Design View

Tudor wrote at 2015-03-05 08:35:43
This happened to me. Assuming you're still in Access 2007, open the database so only the Database Window is showing. From the Ribbon, select File/Options

In the Options dialog form, select Current Database

Under Application Options, my settings for "Document Window Options" were set as "Tabbed Documents". I changed the selection to "Overlapping Windows" and clicked <OK>

Resert the application (Hold down shift so no form is executed). Opened a form in design view and now it shows as a floating form which eased my own frustration no end :)

Using MS Access

Richard Rost

I am happy to answer any kinds of questions about Microsoft Access - from basic table design to advanced VBA programming. Also, please feel free to check the Access Tips & Tricks section of my web site, and free Access 101 tutorial.

I am the president of and I specialize in Microsoft Access Tutorials. I have been teaching Access in the classroom since 1994, and online since 2002.

I am a self-taught Access expert. I have been building databases for clients since the early 90s. You can see a sample of my Access Tutorials on my web site at