Using MS Access/Date ranges for a group of reports

I am trying to group of monthy reports within a macro. Is there any way to use date function to figure out what month it currently is and run the report for the month before. I am trying to automate the running of 50+ reports for the database with one macro. Or is there a way i can enter the date once and use the date entered to run all the reports. I am trying to learn Access VBA and this seems to be over my head. Thanks for any insight.

JOhn Mannion

You can use the MONTH() function to determine what the month of a date value is. For example, if the current month is November, this would result in an 11:

Now as far as automating everything goes, you would need to create a macro or a VBA loop to handle all of that... which is WAY more than I can explain here... but I do have tutorials on my web site that go into all of that.

Be sure to visit my web site and watch my FREE 2-hour-long Microsoft Access Video Tutorial

Richard Rost
599CD Computer Training

Using MS Access

Richard Rost

I am happy to answer any kinds of questions about Microsoft Access - from basic table design to advanced VBA programming. Also, please feel free to check the Access Tips & Tricks section of my web site, and free Access 101 tutorial.

I am the president of and I specialize in Microsoft Access Tutorials. I have been teaching Access in the classroom since 1994, and online since 2002.

I am a self-taught Access expert. I have been building databases for clients since the early 90s. You can see a sample of my Access Tutorials on my web site at