Using MS Access/Inventory Database in Access

We have an Inventory Database that was designed in Access 2007 by an employee that recently left for a competitor company. It has now fallen on me to try & fix a bug in the database. Sales is able to go in and make future releases for products in our Inventory Database but these future releases are changing the inventory quantity right away. With year end inventory coming up in 3 weeks, our counts will not be right since there is future releases in the system. Is there a code that I could use in the database so that inventory counts are not adjusted till the date that is entered for that release?

I'm sorry but that is impossible for me (or anyone to answer). We have to know how inventory is being calculated and how its being stored. We would have to see the database to be able to tell. There probably is a code that identifies a future release transaction. But how that translates to inventory amounts, I can't tell without seeing the database.

Unfortunately, I'm on LI and haven't had power for 10 days so I can't offer to look at it. My suggestion to you is post at You can upload a copy of your database or maybe find a consultant who can help.

Hope this helps,
Microsoft Access MVP 2007
Author: Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA

Using MS Access

I can answer almost all types of questions relating to Microsoft Access usage and application design. My strengths are database and interface design.

I've been designing databases for over 25 years working with dBase, FoxPro, Approach and Access.

Author of Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA
Techncial Editor for Special Edition Using Microsoft Access 2007 and Access 2007 Forms, Reports & Queries From Que Publishing

Brooklyn College BA