Using MS Access/Inventory Database in Access

Question
We have an Inventory Database that was designed in Access 2007 by an employee that recently left for a competitor company. It has now fallen on me to try & fix a bug in the database. Sales is able to go in and make future releases for products in our Inventory Database but these future releases are changing the inventory quantity right away. With year end inventory coming up in 3 weeks, our counts will not be right since there is future releases in the system. Is there a code that I could use in the database so that inventory counts are not adjusted till the date that is entered for that release?

Answer
Mike,

I'm sorry but that is impossible for me (or anyone to answer). We have to know how inventory is being calculated and how its being stored. We would have to see the database to be able to tell. There probably is a code that identifies a future release transaction. But how that translates to inventory amounts, I can't tell without seeing the database.

Unfortunately, I'm on LI and haven't had power for 10 days so I can't offer to look at it. My suggestion to you is post at Utteraccess.com. You can upload a copy of your database or maybe find a consultant who can help.

Hope this helps,
Scott<>
Blog: http://scottgem.wordpress.com
Website: http://www.diamondassoc.com
Microsoft Access MVP 2007
Author: Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA

Using MS Access

Scottgem