Using MS Access/Problem with a type number in access

I have a database in Access and i have an id_pl which type is a number. But when the number is more than 8 digits dont filter with the rest of the number.

I want to filter this number 500028304 and print all number that have 500028. I only need the first number not all.

Thanks for your help.

Your regards.

First a number datatype has a sub type, so you need to know what that is. Some subtypes are long integer, integer, double, single, etc.

If it is a number data type, then you would need to set the criteria to:

BETWEEN 500028304 AND 500028999

Is there a reason this is a number? Generally you would only use a number data type, if you will be doing math with the value. However, if this will be a key field a number will perform better.

Hope this helps,
Microsoft Access MVP 2007
Author: Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA

You gave very little information and I provided the best answer I could based on the information you provided.  

Using MS Access

I can answer almost all types of questions relating to Microsoft Access usage and application design. My strengths are database and interface design.

I've been designing databases for over 25 years working with dBase, FoxPro, Approach and Access.

Author of Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA
Techncial Editor for Special Edition Using Microsoft Access 2007 and Access 2007 Forms, Reports & Queries From Que Publishing

Brooklyn College BA