Using MS Access/Query

Question
I have a table and i would like to compare 2 of my values. It is to do with booking time. The two columns are Starting Time and Ending time. I would like to make it so that you can't put in a value bellow the starting time and more than 3 hours after the ending time.

Answer
Well, a simple Validation Rule won't handle this. You would need a little bit of programming. In a form, you could set a BeforeUpdate event for your EndTime field and say something like:

If (EndTime < StartTime) or (EndTime > (StartTime + (3/24)) Then
MsgBox "Invalid End Time"
Cancel = 1
End If

Be sure to visit my web site and watch my FREE 2-hour-long Microsoft Access Video Tutorial

Cordially,
Richard Rost
599CD Computer Training

Using MS Access

Richard Rost