Using MS Access/Thumbnails

I cannot get my thumbnails to work.  At the bottom of my screen right beside the start button you can see Access, Excel, word, etc.  It is my understanding that I can open more than one database in Access, which you always could.  I beleive a thumbnail is when I can point at the access button and it will allow me to visually see all databases that are open.  This works great on my coworkers pc but I do not know how to get it to work on mine.

It should work, but depending on your Windows version and settings, it may not. What version of Windows and Office do you have?

Be sure to visit my web site and watch my FREE 2-hour-long Microsoft Access Video Tutorial

Richard Rost
599CD Computer Training

Using MS Access

Richard Rost

I am happy to answer any kinds of questions about Microsoft Access - from basic table design to advanced VBA programming. Also, please feel free to check the Access Tips & Tricks section of my web site, and free Access 101 tutorial.

I am the president of and I specialize in Microsoft Access Tutorials. I have been teaching Access in the classroom since 1994, and online since 2002.

I am a self-taught Access expert. I have been building databases for clients since the early 90s. You can see a sample of my Access Tutorials on my web site at