Using MS Access/Double Booking help

So i got to create a database for tennis centre and on my Court bookings table i need it so i cant have double book, i have spent days looking on the net trying to find out how to do it but have had no look, tried sql statements, if statements everything, just wondering if anyone on here can help me out with some coding if that is whats necessary

my table for Court booking is

Court Booking ID
Court ID
Members ID
Start time
Finish Time

Can you help?

First you should not have a separate field for Date. The date and time should be kept in one field.

Your main problem would be that its possible for there to be gaps. For example. Lets say someone books a court for 11-12. No one books for 12, so the court it next booked for 12:30-1:30. Is that a possibility? You you restrict the bookings to specific time slots like only on the hour?

Hope this helps,
Microsoft Access MVP 2007
Author: Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA

Using MS Access

I can answer almost all types of questions relating to Microsoft Access usage and application design. My strengths are database and interface design.

I've been designing databases for over 25 years working with dBase, FoxPro, Approach and Access.

Author of Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA
Techncial Editor for Special Edition Using Microsoft Access 2007 and Access 2007 Forms, Reports & Queries From Que Publishing

Brooklyn College BA