Using MS Access/Expression combining number & text

Question
Report image
Report image  
I would like to show the height and width of an item (stored separately in number fields)in a report like this "h x w".  For example, height 10, with 15, report would show 10 x 15.  I tried doing =[Height] & " x " & [Width] and the report showed the same information for each item (360 x 13260).  If I include the fields separately it shows the appropriate numbers for Height and Width. I am attempting to enter the expression via the Control Source expression builder in the properties box of a text box field in a report.

I hope this is enough information!

Answer
Try making this a calculated query field. In a QUERY, say:

Area: Height & "x" & Width

Now use that query for your report and it will show up in the Field List.

Be sure to visit my web site and watch my FREE 2-hour-long Microsoft Access Video Tutorial

Cordially,
Richard Rost
599CD Computer Training  

Using MS Access

Richard Rost