Using MS Access/Updating Access forms

I changed a validation rule in a table but the form for the table does not have the new rule. It is still the same as the rule was before it was changed in the table. Also, how do I tell if the table & form are bound?

Hi Doris,

You need to add the validation rule in the form too. Open the property sheet for the textbox and under "Data" tab, you can define the validation rule.

A bound form will show the table name in its "Control Source" property. Open the property sheet for the form and check the "Control Source" under "Data" tab.

I hope this helps.

Thank you.

Mark Kaphle  

Using MS Access

Mark Kaphle

I can answer most questions on database design using Access. I can help with VBA too. I can integrate engineering and business needs in the database design.

I have more than 15 years of MS Access database design experience.

College degree in engineering. Graduate degrees in engineering and management. Current PHD student - concentration Industrial Engineering.