Using MS Access/Updating Access forms

Question
I changed a validation rule in a table but the form for the table does not have the new rule. It is still the same as the rule was before it was changed in the table. Also, how do I tell if the table & form are bound?

Answer
Hi Doris,

You need to add the validation rule in the form too. Open the property sheet for the textbox and under "Data" tab, you can define the validation rule.

A bound form will show the table name in its "Control Source" property. Open the property sheet for the form and check the "Control Source" under "Data" tab.

I hope this helps.

Thank you.

Mark Kaphle  

Using MS Access

Mark Kaphle