Using MS Access/How to attach files to command button (attach, not link)

I have recently finished creating a database and I am now in the process of creating documentation for the user to follow. I want to put a command button on my Main page that will open up a Word file containing the documentation. Important: I want to attach the file to command button not just link. So if I remove the documentation, the attachment will be staying in the command button. Is this at all possible and if so, how do I go about this? Thank you!

You don't. There is no way to "attach" an external file to a button. What you can do is place code behind the button to launch the file. You can use

Application.FollowHyperlink path+filename

to launch any file. That's how I do my help files.

Hope this helps,
Microsoft Access MVP 2007
Author: Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA

Using MS Access

I can answer almost all types of questions relating to Microsoft Access usage and application design. My strengths are database and interface design.

I've been designing databases for over 25 years working with dBase, FoxPro, Approach and Access.

Author of Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA
Techncial Editor for Special Edition Using Microsoft Access 2007 and Access 2007 Forms, Reports & Queries From Que Publishing

Brooklyn College BA