Using MS Access/Export Access Report to Word

I created the database and the export function works on my pc but the computer it is being used on produces the following error when she attempts the export to word from access report.

"The database cannot be opened because the VBA project contained in it cannot be read.  The database can be opened only if the VBA project is first deleted.  Deleting the VBA project removes all codes from modules, forms, reports. You should back up your database before attempting to open the database and delete the VBA project.

Hi Cheryl,

Sounds like your second computer does not have all the updates to Access.

If you are using Access 2010 SP1 in the second computer, you need to download and install the hotfix from

I hope this helps.

Using MS Access

Mark Kaphle

I can answer most questions on database design using Access. I can help with VBA too. I can integrate engineering and business needs in the database design.

I have more than 15 years of MS Access database design experience.

College degree in engineering. Graduate degrees in engineering and management. Current PHD student - concentration Industrial Engineering.