Using MS Access/Forcing a form to requery...

Question
Hi Scott,

Simple question ,probably complex answer :)

example
On clicking cmdbutton on Frm1 and opening Frm2, the comboBox CboBokingID is populated with the Booking ID from Frm1.   However, on Frm2, there are a few fields linked via Dlookups to populate on event After_Update_CboBookingID.

Is there a way to make those DLookups happen WITHOUT having to reaffirm the BookingID in CBoBookingID, by clicking and forcing the event After_Update_CboBookingID?

thanks in anticipation

Pete
Dubbo, NSW, Australia

Answer
You can put Me.Requery in the ON Activate Event of Frm2. This should force a requery. However, if the form is not filtered for a specific record, the requery will return to the first record in the Recordsource. So you might want to do a Me.Refresh instead. Another alternative is to specifically requery the controls

Me.controlname.Requery

Again, this can go in the On Activate event.

P.S.

Thanks for the donation.

Using MS Access

Scottgem