Using MS Access/Split form and Navigation form

Hi, I have just created a Navigation form and added a form which is a split form.  When I click on my form it does not come up as a split form.  When I run the form by itself it works perfectly well as a split form, but when added to the Navigation form it does not show as a split form.

I happen to be in Redmond right now and I confirmed this with the Access team. Since a splitform is a special type of form, it will not work as a subform on another form. Since a Navigation form is essentially a collection of subforms, you will find a split form will not work on a Navigation form.

Personally, I have found very limited use for split forms. I generally prefer to use a Search combo on a form to find records.

Hope this helps,
Microsoft Access MVP 2007
Author: Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA

Using MS Access

I can answer almost all types of questions relating to Microsoft Access usage and application design. My strengths are database and interface design.

I've been designing databases for over 25 years working with dBase, FoxPro, Approach and Access.

Author of Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA
Techncial Editor for Special Edition Using Microsoft Access 2007 and Access 2007 Forms, Reports & Queries From Que Publishing

Brooklyn College BA