Using MS Access/Table design

Question
I have just started doing a database for stock control. I've made all the tables but I have a question about how to normalize the addresses. I'm not going to keep records of customers but i have a suppliers and an employees table. Both of them have the same address fields like Address1, Address2, City, Zip etc. From what I've read I should normalize it and make a separate Address table?

Do I have to make two address tables, one for suppliers and one for employees? Or if i make one address table, how would I differentiate between suppliers addresses and employees addresses?

Thank you

Answer
The only reason to use a separate Address table in this situation is if you have a lot of duplicate addresses. While normalization is a highly desirable goal, there is such a thing as too much normalization. The main purpose of normalization is to reduce redundant data. So if you have a lot of suppliers at the same address, then it may be a good idea to create a supplier's address table. Same would be true if a lot of employees share the same address.

If you do decide you need an address table, I would create one table. There is really no need to identify an address as an employee or supplier address. While it might be unlikely that an employee and a supplier would share the same address, there is still no need to identify the source of the address.

Hope this helps,
Scott<>
Blog: http://scottgem.wordpress.com
Website: http://www.diamondassoc.com
Microsoft Access MVP 2007
Author: Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA

Using MS Access

Scottgem