Using MS Access/Unwanted additional record on subform

I have created a form, with a subform with a calculation inserted into the form, and everything is fine, apart from the fact I have an additional record to the one I want which has no number in the primary key, all it has is (new). I don't want this as it is only supposed to have the single record, i was wondering how i can get rid of this.

(microsoft access 2010)

That (New) record is where a new, blank record would go. If you want the ability to add new records to your subform, then there's no way to get rid of that extra row. The only way you can do it is to set the ALLOW ADDITIONS property to FALSE which would prevent you from adding new records.

Be sure to visit my web site and watch my FREE 2-hour-long Microsoft Access Video Tutorial

Richard Rost
599CD Computer Training  

Using MS Access

Richard Rost

I am happy to answer any kinds of questions about Microsoft Access - from basic table design to advanced VBA programming. Also, please feel free to check the Access Tips & Tricks section of my web site, and free Access 101 tutorial.

I am the president of and I specialize in Microsoft Access Tutorials. I have been teaching Access in the classroom since 1994, and online since 2002.

I am a self-taught Access expert. I have been building databases for clients since the early 90s. You can see a sample of my Access Tutorials on my web site at