Using MS Access/Populating a parameterquery

Suppose I have a parameter query asking for a date.
How can I run that query without the question, just replacing the parameter with a specific date, using VBA/DAO in Access 2010?
I am not very familiar with DAO.

Thanks on beforehand,

Renée Mettrie

What date? How are you deriving which date to use? Today would be =DATE(). Yesterday would be =DATE()-1, and so on.

Why do you need DAO? Are you getting the date from a specific record? If so, how? I need more context for your question in order to answer it.

Tell me what you're trying to do.

Be sure to visit my web site and watch my FREE 2-hour-long Microsoft Access Video Tutorial

Richard Rost
599CD Computer Training

Using MS Access

Richard Rost

I am happy to answer any kinds of questions about Microsoft Access - from basic table design to advanced VBA programming. Also, please feel free to check the Access Tips & Tricks section of my web site, and free Access 101 tutorial.

I am the president of and I specialize in Microsoft Access Tutorials. I have been teaching Access in the classroom since 1994, and online since 2002.

I am a self-taught Access expert. I have been building databases for clients since the early 90s. You can see a sample of my Access Tutorials on my web site at