Using MS Access/ms access 2007

Question
1. how can i display the computer name on the screen once the user had logged in. I am able to display username as current user but i need to ad the computer name that was used to login.

2 I have a report that displays days overdue for payment (eg -18)which implies the client has 18 days BEFORE been over due. what i am trying to achieve is that if the customer has paid before overdue date then that overdue field is invisible and a label displays PAID. if the if the customer has not paid yet then the number of days due is displayed.

kindest regards

Answer
Hi Claire,

Thanks for the question.

1.  Google:

Microsoft Access VBA display computer name.  

There are a lot of links that should be able to guide you.  Unfortunately this is not my area of expertise.

2. Try the following.

Add a label to the report that says 'Paid'.  Make this label invisible (Properties > Format > Visible  = No) and place over the days overdue field.

Then on the OnFormat event (Details Section (bar) > Properties > Events > OnFormat > Click on the button with the 3 dots > Code Builder > OK)

Add the following code:

Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)
If Me!Paid = "Paid" Then
   Me!Label26.Visible = True
   Me!DaysOverdue.Visible = False
Else
   Me!Label26.Visible = False
  Me!DaysOverdue.Visible = True
End If
End Sub

You will have to change the names of the fields above, to match the names of your fields.

Hope this is of some help.

Using MS Access

Julie Misson