Using MS Access/Populate Checkbox

Question

I have a table (Assignment) were I'm entering data through a form (FrmAssignment) to populate it.  I have a field(DateReturned) in (Assignment) that I would like to cause it to populate a checkbox (EquipmentAvailable) in a table (Equipment) if a date is entered.  Can you help me?

Thanks,
Mary Goforth

BTW--I have enjoyed and learned a lot through your uTube video training.

Answer
You would need an event to make this happen. In the AfterUpdate event for the DateReturned field, just say:

If Not IsNull(DateReturned) then
 Assignment = TRUE
End If

See this tutorial for more help on the AfterUpdate Event.

Be sure to visit my web site and watch my FREE 2-hour-long Microsoft Access Video Tutorial

Cordially,
Richard Rost
599CD Computer Training

Using MS Access

Richard Rost