Using MS Access/Populate Checkbox

I have a table (Assignment) were I'm entering data through a form (FrmAssignment) to populate it.  I have a field(DateReturned) in (Assignment) that I would like to cause it to populate a checkbox (EquipmentAvailable) in a table (Equipment) if a date is entered.  Can you help me?

Mary Goforth

BTW--I have enjoyed and learned a lot through your uTube video training.

You would need an event to make this happen. In the AfterUpdate event for the DateReturned field, just say:

If Not IsNull(DateReturned) then
 Assignment = TRUE
End If

See this tutorial for more help on the AfterUpdate Event.

Be sure to visit my web site and watch my FREE 2-hour-long Microsoft Access Video Tutorial

Richard Rost
599CD Computer Training

Using MS Access

Richard Rost

I am happy to answer any kinds of questions about Microsoft Access - from basic table design to advanced VBA programming. Also, please feel free to check the Access Tips & Tricks section of my web site, and free Access 101 tutorial.

I am the president of and I specialize in Microsoft Access Tutorials. I have been teaching Access in the classroom since 1994, and online since 2002.

I am a self-taught Access expert. I have been building databases for clients since the early 90s. You can see a sample of my Access Tutorials on my web site at