Using MS Access/replace partial data in a field

i want to replace first 8 character of a text data with the value of system date format YYYYMMDD in an access database table. please reply at the earlieast

Well, you can use FORMAT(Date(),"yyyymmdd") to get the date formatted as you want. Performing the actual replacement depends on HOW you want to handle it. I'd recommend using an UPDATE QUERY.

Be sure to visit my web site and watch my FREE 2-hour-long Microsoft Access Video Tutorial

Richard Rost
599CD Computer Training

Using MS Access

Richard Rost

I am happy to answer any kinds of questions about Microsoft Access - from basic table design to advanced VBA programming. Also, please feel free to check the Access Tips & Tricks section of my web site, and free Access 101 tutorial.

I am the president of and I specialize in Microsoft Access Tutorials. I have been teaching Access in the classroom since 1994, and online since 2002.

I am a self-taught Access expert. I have been building databases for clients since the early 90s. You can see a sample of my Access Tutorials on my web site at