Using MS Access/MS ACCESS Multiple User Access

Question
I was using MS Access 2003 with Windows XP, I made a Program on MS Access 2003 for Files Entry and Status followup put it on Sharing Folder and it was working perfect, multiple users can open the program at the same time from their pc's to add/update their files.

Now the IT Department upgraded all the PC's to Windows 7 and Office 2010, the program is still working but ONE USER CAN USE THE PROGRAM AT A TIME, ON THE OTHER PC THE PROGRAM IS NOT OPENING UNTIL THE FIRST USER EXIT.

Please advise if there is way to setup it for multiple users.

Thanks & Regards,

Sher

Answer
Make sure that user isn't opening the database in EXCLUSIVE mode. Beyond that it should still work fine. You should upgrade the database format from MDB to ACCDB, but aside from that you shouldn't have to do anything else.

Be sure to visit my web site and watch my FREE 2-hour-long Microsoft Access Video Tutorial

Cordially,
Richard Rost
599CD Computer Training

Using MS Access

Richard Rost