Using MS Access/Dlookup functionin MS Access

I have created a form and want to use dlookup function for the Employee name from other table, however the function is not giving me the result.
=DLookUp("[Employee Details]![Learner Name]","[Employees Details]"," [Employee Details]![Learner ID]= " & [cmbLearnerID])

Please help me if this is correct function which i am using.
Employee Details is a table with list of information with EMP ID, EMP Name.
cmdLearner ID: Is the item we input in the form

[Employee Details]![Learner Name] is meaningless. I think you want:

=DLookUp("[Learner Name]","[Employees Details]","[Learner ID]=" & [cmbLearnerID])

See this tutorial to learn how to properly use DLOOKUP.

Be sure to visit my web site and watch my FREE 2-hour-long Microsoft Access Video Tutorial

Richard Rost
599CD Computer Training

Using MS Access

Richard Rost

I am happy to answer any kinds of questions about Microsoft Access - from basic table design to advanced VBA programming. Also, please feel free to check the Access Tips & Tricks section of my web site, and free Access 101 tutorial.

I am the president of and I specialize in Microsoft Access Tutorials. I have been teaching Access in the classroom since 1994, and online since 2002.

I am a self-taught Access expert. I have been building databases for clients since the early 90s. You can see a sample of my Access Tutorials on my web site at