Using MS Access/Setting a formula for critera search

I have an access 2007 database and I need to set up a criteria to only pull the last 5 of our data so that we can calculate and average

Use a TOP X query. Create a query with the data you need sorted by DATE DESCENDING. Then in the options at the top select TOP 5 VALUES. I cover this in my Access Beginner 5 class.

Be sure to visit my web site and watch my FREE 2-hour-long Microsoft Access Video Tutorial

Richard Rost
599CD Computer Training

Using MS Access

Richard Rost

I am happy to answer any kinds of questions about Microsoft Access - from basic table design to advanced VBA programming. Also, please feel free to check the Access Tips & Tricks section of my web site, and free Access 101 tutorial.

I am the president of and I specialize in Microsoft Access Tutorials. I have been teaching Access in the classroom since 1994, and online since 2002.

I am a self-taught Access expert. I have been building databases for clients since the early 90s. You can see a sample of my Access Tutorials on my web site at