Using MS Access/Update existing Access field from Excel

I recently exported a large amount of data from Acces to Excel. On examination of the Excel sheet, I found that some 2000 descriptions needed to be corrected for various reasons (each correction is unique, so it's not a find and replace option). I've saved the recordID and the corrected Description fields into a secondary spreadsheet. Is there a way to pull those corrections back into the database and update the field in the appropriate table? I'm pretty sure I need to create an import table, build a query to link the recordID to the master table and pull the descriptions from each of the matching records, but I don't know how to get the descriptions to update automatically from there. I'm not very proficient with VBA, but I can follow the language pretty well. Thanks for any assistance.

Why didn't you make the corrections in Access and then re export?

To be able to update the Access table you need to be able to link back using a primary key.

Hope this helps,
Microsoft Access MVP 2007
Author: Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA

Using MS Access

I can answer almost all types of questions relating to Microsoft Access usage and application design. My strengths are database and interface design.

I've been designing databases for over 25 years working with dBase, FoxPro, Approach and Access.

Author of Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA
Techncial Editor for Special Edition Using Microsoft Access 2007 and Access 2007 Forms, Reports & Queries From Que Publishing

Brooklyn College BA