Using MS Access/Can MsgBox "OK" control actions?

Question
Hi Scott

I have some code which finishes off with a confirmation MsgBox, and was wondering if it's possible to force more code when the [OK] is clicked?

This is the code:

DoCmd.Close acForm, "FrmSeedings", acSaveYes
   MsgBox "Round Robin Groups set and saved!"
   DoCmd.OpenForm "FrmRoundRobin"

As you would realise, the form "FrmRoundRobin" appears and hides the MsgBox from being clicked as [OK] !

Is there a workaround to make "FrmSeedings" close, make the MsgBox stay visible, and then when [OK] is clicked, open "FrmRoundRobin"?  So probably a way to pause execution of the next line of code until MsgBox hs been answered?

It's probably simple, but I ahve had a hard day at work, and my body says rest but my mind won't give up!  lol

many thanks in anticipation

Pete

Answer
Sure, Use the MsgBox FUNCTION instead of just the command. The difference is that the parameters go in parentheses so they return a value.

However, that's not your completely your issue. The MsgBox should retain focus until pressed, But sometimes it does hide so try this.

First try this way:

DoCmd.OpenForm "FrmRoundRobin"

You shouldn't close the current form until after you run all other lines of code. If that doesn't solve the problem, then try it this way:

If MsgBox("Round Robin Groups set and saved!",vbOKCancel) = vbOK Then
       DoCmd.OpenForm "FrmRoundRobin"
  End If

Hope this helps,
Scott<>
Blog: http://scottgem.wordpress.com
Website: http://www.diamondassoc.com
Microsoft Access MVP 2007
Author: Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA

Using MS Access

Scottgem