Using MS Access/How to put this formula in excess

My question is how to put this formula in access to get same result as spreadsheet.
Please explained me step by step how can I put in formula in microsoft access, I know this formula how to use in spreadsheet but I am trying to use in access but it is not working.
Your help and support Yes

When dealing with Access you need to get rid of the spreadsheet mentality. Access is not a spreadsheet. It does not use Rows and columns, it uses records and fields.

So the expression says:

If a value is a zero length string then use a different value, otherwise use the value.

There are several places you could put it, depending on where you want the result to show.

If you want the value to display in the results of s query, you would add a column:

alias: IIF(fieldname1<>"",fieldnsame1,fieldname2)

If you want it displayed in a form you would set the controlsourcve of a text box to:

Hope this helps,
Microsoft Access MVP 2007
Author: Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA

Using MS Access

I can answer almost all types of questions relating to Microsoft Access usage and application design. My strengths are database and interface design.

I've been designing databases for over 25 years working with dBase, FoxPro, Approach and Access.

Author of Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA
Techncial Editor for Special Edition Using Microsoft Access 2007 and Access 2007 Forms, Reports & Queries From Que Publishing

Brooklyn College BA