Using MS Access/Microsoft Access computing a survey using "yes"=3, "no"=0 and tally

Question
What and where do my write code for a long survey on a form that  "yes" and "no" and counts them in the in the end for a survival; score. I created the table on access already but lack the coding skills to finish this project. any suggestions?

Answer
You say you "created the table". That indicates that you have one table. And if that is the case, then your structure is incorrect.

A survey database needs a very specific structure using at least 4 tables.

tblQuestion
QuestionID (Primary Key Autonumber)
Question

tblRespondent
RespondentID (PK Autonumber)
FirstName
LastName
other info about respondent

tblResponse
ResponseID (PK Autonumber)
RespondentID (Foreign Key)
ResponseDate

tblAnswer
AnswerID (PK Autonumber)
ResponseID (FK)
QuestionID (FK)
Answer

With this structure it will be easy to create a query (no coding) to count the answers for each question.

Hope this Helps,
Scott<>

Using MS Access

Scottgem