Using MS Access/Linked tables

Question
Dear Scottgen,
I have Access databases for students grades installed on the server.
I need to create new users on different PC to make data entries via different forms.
How can I link these forms to the main database found on the server?

Maya

Answer
Well, first, your database should be split. All the tables go into a back end. Everything else should be in a front end linked to the table in the back end. The back end is stored on a share drive. The front end on each local PC.

You can have different front ends all linked to the back end. Or you can use a login routine like the one in my blog (ScottGem.Wordpress.com) to restrict access to specific forms for specific users.

Hope this helps,
Scott<>

Using MS Access

Scottgem