Using MS Access/Expiration Dates/Email

I am clinical psychologists that does psychological evaluations.  I am currently creating a database for our referral list. We are having problems with the psychologists and psychology residents entering their clinical notes and psychological evaluations in a timely manner.   What I would like to know if there is a way to create an expiration date and have an automatic email sent to the psychologist letting them know the time for entering their clinical notes are expiring? I would like to set it up that if they are getting a clinincal interview on a certain day that the note is due the next day.  If the note is not entered by the next business day, I would like an email sent out?  Thank you!

Yes this is fairly easy. But without knowing your structure and workflow its hard to be specific.

I'm going to assume that your record for each evaluation has a date of the evaluation. So the first step is to create a query that lists all notes due. The criteria in the date column would be:

You would also have to filter for those where the eval wasn't completed. Such a query would need to include the e-mail address of the evaluator. You would then loop through this query, sending an e-mail to each evaluator.

You could run this when the app opens or by another trigger.

There are other questions like what happens when the eval isn't completed by the expiration date?

Hope this helps,
Microsoft Access MVP 2007
Author: Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA

Using MS Access

I can answer almost all types of questions relating to Microsoft Access usage and application design. My strengths are database and interface design.

I've been designing databases for over 25 years working with dBase, FoxPro, Approach and Access.

Author of Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA
Techncial Editor for Special Edition Using Microsoft Access 2007 and Access 2007 Forms, Reports & Queries From Que Publishing

Brooklyn College BA