Using MS Access/Images not displaying

Hi Scott

You helped me recently with images problem in my Ms access split database.

I am hoping you can help again.  I am still fine tuning images....what is currently happening is that I have a number of co-workers using the database - they don't save front end to their own log-ins but have a short cut to the same front end file on the network.  This seems to work well even though I have read that I probably shouldn't have this setup.  

The issue for me is that all of my co-workers can see images when they use the database but I can't.  I have tried logging onto their computers and still have same result.  I don't get error msgs but just don't see an image.

Any ideas????

kind regards

First, no you should not be sharing a front end. It can lead to corruption.

But I have no idea why you can't see the images. You are setting the Picture property of an image control to the path for the image file, correct? Can you navigate to the image and open it?

Hope this helps,

Using MS Access

I can answer almost all types of questions relating to Microsoft Access usage and application design. My strengths are database and interface design.

I've been designing databases for over 25 years working with dBase, FoxPro, Approach and Access.

Author of Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA
Techncial Editor for Special Edition Using Microsoft Access 2007 and Access 2007 Forms, Reports & Queries From Que Publishing

Brooklyn College BA