Using MS Access/Linking external docs to access

Question
I have an MS Access database of many different files, including word documents, videos, and pictures. What I want is to be able to open these files from within the database.

An example: I just entered a new record of a file into the database. The ID I got (which is set as the primary key)is 57. What I want to be able to do is create a button in that entry that when pressed will take me to the file named 57 in the folder in which the database is stored. And when I create a new entry, I want this button to automatically adjust that it is supposed to open file 58 now.

Basically I have a big number of word documents, pictures and videos that I have put into a database to make it easier for me to find. What I want is that when I do find it, there is a button in the form that will open that file for me.

I realize that this will need coding and I'm only a beginner. So please explain it to me in the easiest and most straightforward way possible.

Much appreciated :)

Answer
I have a solution for you, however this is not a question that I can quickly answer in a short response here. It would be quicker to just let me show you how to do it. If you send me your Access file, I can write the code, explain how it works, and send it back. Let me know how you would like to proceed.
the following method would be used to open the file and the storing of the pathway to the file to be a browse to using a dialogue box. I have some code written that will accomplish this for you unless you already have a standardized naming convention for the outside files in which case you will not need the Browse to code. You can reach me at 818 294 2827
Bob Heifler

You may contact me at:
myaccessprogram.com\contact.html

Using MS Access

Bob Heifler