Using MS Access/Exporting foom Access

Question
Dear Richard,

I am creating an application using MS Access 2007.
If I need to export Tables/Queries/Forms/Reports/Macros to another application (like SQL or another database application), which elements can be exported ? Can I keep the forms design or I need to re-work them ?
Regards
Maya Dargham

Answer
You can export the tables. Most everything else will have to be rebuilt in your new application. Why are you moving away from Access? The best part about Access is that it's flexible. If you want to move up to SQL SERVER, for example, you can just move your tables over (and sometimes your queries, depending on their design) and keep your front-end Access database (forms, reports, VB code, etc.)

I cover exporting data from Access in my Access Expert Level 19 class.

Be sure to visit my web site and watch my FREE 2-hour-long Microsoft Access Video Tutorial

Cordially,
Richard Rost
599CD Computer Training

Using MS Access

Richard Rost