Using MS Access/Upload images

I am using access 2010. I have the BE tables on an SQL server and FE forms and tables using access 2010. My question: how can I upload images? I would love to have something similar to attach files as in access which is unfortunately not available in the SQL BE tables.

I don't recommend storing files of any kind (including images) INSIDE your database. I recommend saving them in a shared network folder and then storing the path and filename in your database. I explain how to do this in my Access Imaging Seminar.

Be sure to visit my web site and watch my FREE 2-hour-long Microsoft Access Video Tutorial

Richard Rost
599CD Computer Training

Using MS Access

Richard Rost

I am happy to answer any kinds of questions about Microsoft Access - from basic table design to advanced VBA programming. Also, please feel free to check the Access Tips & Tricks section of my web site, and free Access 101 tutorial.

I am the president of and I specialize in Microsoft Access Tutorials. I have been teaching Access in the classroom since 1994, and online since 2002.

I am a self-taught Access expert. I have been building databases for clients since the early 90s. You can see a sample of my Access Tutorials on my web site at