Using MS Access/2-digit year conundrum

Question
Hi Scott,

I have a date field with input mask 99/99/00;_ - (format dd/mm/yy-Australian) so users can type 130865 and I can then work out an age from that date.   The problem lies with the 2029 calendar setting ( I think it's .Net 4.5 setting) which I have read about but have no idea how to change.   So, if I type 140830 (14/8/1930) I get age 84.   If however I type in 140829, it returns 14/8/2029, and age -15!

Can you suggest a snippet of code to reverse this trend, so that it converts the date to 1929 and age to 85?

thanks in anticipation
Pete

Answer
If Me.datecontrol>Date Then
   Me.datecontrol = DateAdd("yyyy",-100,Me.datecontrol)
End If

Since this is a date of birth, the assumption is that the date will be earlier than today. So if it is, it will just subtract 100 years to get the correct date.

Hope this helps,
Scott<>

Using MS Access

Scottgem