Using MS Access/Excel to Access

I have several employees who populate their time in excel spreadsheet. I want the data from those spreadsheets to go to MS Access, and link data back from Access to one of my spreadsheet.
The timesheets are password protected.

Well, you could IMPORT the data weekly, or LINK to those sheets from your Access database (Access will treat them as tables, as long as your employees keep within the required formatting).

I would personally recommend setting them up a small Access database to log their times in. The whole solution would be Access-based and you would have much more control over everything, including security.

Be sure to visit my web site and watch my FREE 3-hour-long Microsoft Access Video Tutorial

Richard Rost
Microsoft Access MVP
Computer Learning Zone

Using MS Access

Richard Rost

I am happy to answer any kinds of questions about Microsoft Access - from basic table design to advanced VBA programming. Also, please feel free to check the Access Tips & Tricks section of my web site, and free Access 101 tutorial.

I am the president of and I specialize in Microsoft Access Tutorials. I have been teaching Access in the classroom since 1994, and online since 2002.

I am a self-taught Access expert. I have been building databases for clients since the early 90s. You can see a sample of my Access Tutorials on my web site at