Using MS Access/Using SQL to populate a field?

Question
Hi Scott,

I have some SQL which works fine in a query, and gives me accurate results.  I was just wondering whether I could use that SQL in code behind a form to populate a form field upon "AfterUpdate" or "OnClick" of a listbox?

I have tried a few options, but does not want to work lol.   

Would save me a squillion hours of time if it's possible, as I am hoping to use it as the basis for many dynamic answers on one form (as summary, so to speak).

thanks in anticipation
Pete

Answer
Apologize for the late reply, just saw this.

The answer is to do a DLookup. If you have a canned query you can use a dLookup to return a value from it.

Alternatively, you can open a recordset with the query then assign the value of a filed to the form control.

Hope this helps,
scott<>

Using MS Access

Scottgem