Using MS Access/From Report, open subform to specific record

Open Subform from report
Open Subform from repo  
I would like the user to click on a number on a report (a hyperlink) that would go to that record in a subform.  

form: AuditF, subform: AdutFindingFsub

Control: FindNotxt =[AudID] & "-" & Format([FindingID],"00")

I am very open to suggestions, as I know there could be a more appropriate way of accomplishing this.

Thank you very much

ps I ALWAYS use your naming conventions after watching one of your videos.

You're much better off using FORMS for this. Reports are used for PRINTING, but I don't recommend using them to interact with on the screen.

By using a form, all you have to do is set up the right parent and child field relationship in the form settings, and your subform will automatically display the correct related records. I cover this in my Access Expert Level 3 class.

Be sure to visit my web site and watch my FREE 3-hour-long Microsoft Access Video Tutorial

Richard Rost
Microsoft Access MVP
Computer Learning Zone

Using MS Access

Richard Rost

I am happy to answer any kinds of questions about Microsoft Access - from basic table design to advanced VBA programming. Also, please feel free to check the Access Tips & Tricks section of my web site, and free Access 101 tutorial.

I am the president of and I specialize in Microsoft Access Tutorials. I have been teaching Access in the classroom since 1994, and online since 2002.

I am a self-taught Access expert. I have been building databases for clients since the early 90s. You can see a sample of my Access Tutorials on my web site at