Using MS Access/From Report, open subform to specific record

Question
Open Subform from report
Open Subform from repo  
I would like the user to click on a number on a report (a hyperlink) that would go to that record in a subform.  

form: AuditF, subform: AdutFindingFsub

Control: FindNotxt =[AudID] & "-" & Format([FindingID],"00")

I am very open to suggestions, as I know there could be a more appropriate way of accomplishing this.

Thank you very much

ps I ALWAYS use your naming conventions after watching one of your videos.

Answer
You're much better off using FORMS for this. Reports are used for PRINTING, but I don't recommend using them to interact with on the screen.

By using a form, all you have to do is set up the right parent and child field relationship in the form settings, and your subform will automatically display the correct related records. I cover this in my Access Expert Level 3 class.

Be sure to visit my web site and watch my FREE 3-hour-long Microsoft Access Video Tutorial

Cordially,
Richard Rost
Microsoft Access MVP
Computer Learning Zone

Using MS Access

Richard Rost