Using MS Access/Access 2013 Tracking Usernames

Question
Scott,
I have read your article on Creating Login Security using VBA code.
I am new to Access and am trying to set up a database for the local food shelf.  
I have the user login Screen and Usser_table set and that is working fine.
Now I just want to capture the username and date for each change when the user adds or changes a record in the form.
I tried code that uses Environ("UserName") but that provides only the global login.  I wish to use the login username that was created for the login form in your example.
I would appreciate any help you can provide.
Thank you, Ann

Answer
Hi Ann,

If you followed my example, then you should be hiding the Login form (Visible = False) once the user has been authenticated. By hiding the form you can reference the value wherever you want.

In the Before Update event of your form you can use:

Me.EditedBy = Forms!frmLogin!cboUser

to assign the userID to the control.  

Using MS Access

Scottgem