Using MS Access/Weekday name

I know that a person in my data bas has a Date of Birth of 18/12/1947 (that's UK Date) and son on the 18/12/2015 they will be age 68 - I have been trying to get the weekday name for the date of 18/12/2015 to show as Friday on a report, but cant get the correct result - nearest I can get is either a Thursday or a Sunday - where am I going wrong.. I am using weekdayname(weekday([Dob}+[age]))   I have over 300 Dates of birth in the D/base, and print a report once a month for those with a birthday next month.

Do you just want to display Friday or do you want to display Friday, December 18, 2015? I'm not clear

First Age should not be stored. It should be calculated. This expression will calculate the age:

=DateDiff("yyyy", [DOB], Now()) + Int( Format(now(), "mmdd") < Format( [DOB], "mmdd"))

If you want to display just the whether the week day name I would use this expression:

If you want the full date then use:

=Format(DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month([DOB]),Day([DOB])),"dddd, mmmm dd, yyyy")  

Using MS Access

I can answer almost all types of questions relating to Microsoft Access usage and application design. My strengths are database and interface design.

I've been designing databases for over 25 years working with dBase, FoxPro, Approach and Access.

Author of Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA
Techncial Editor for Special Edition Using Microsoft Access 2007 and Access 2007 Forms, Reports & Queries From Que Publishing

Brooklyn College BA